12.22.2009

ten images of inspiration : winter wonderland.












I was hoping on getting around to posting these yesterday, on the first official day of winter, but these days are getting busier and busier as Christmas approaches (especially since we're heading out of town for a fair amount of time starting tomorrow.) Anyways, as much as winter is my least favorite of all seasons (I always get rather sad during this time of the year), I do find a certain amount of beauty within it. How about all of you- do you love or dislike these cold months?

Sources (from top to bottom): Abby Powell Thompson, Flickr: clumsy bird, Ofer Wolberger, Riitta Ikonen, Cig Harvey, Alicia Bock, Katie Kingma, Lane Coder, Jacqueline Veissid, and Flickr: camil tulcan.

10 comments:

  1. so pretty, makes me want snow in 70 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this collection of images: they're beautiful, but they capture the almost grim sparsity of the season.

    I love the winter, but not in the NW. I figure if it's going to get cold, it might as well snow, for goodness sake! It's no wonder that people get sad around here- everything is gray, and gaudy Christmas decor looks a bit ridiculous on such a bleak backdrop.

    However, give me a little snow and I'm as happy as can be. I love bundling up, I love winter food, I love slipping and sliding all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the contrast of the one with the girl wearing a red coat in the snow covered woods

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so gorgeous.
    The snowflake costume made me laugh, I wonder what people would think if I wore it around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - I hate the cold months! Luckily it never snows in Alabama. But snow does make for beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the snowflake costume one is adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are just the most amazing and delicious procurement of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My two favorite months are April - and January! Both are necessary. January is 'hunker down' month - cozy - a time for withdrawal & renewal. I would go cra-zee if we had a year of endless warmth & sunshine. Here in Syracuse NY we got 24" of snow over the last weekend. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. addicted to your photos! thank you for giving me a good mood and inspiration! Greetings from Russia :) now we have the same weather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...